The report starts by mapping the construction value chain with (mega)trends challenging the building sector before presenting industrial innovation opportunities throughout the value chain, taking a deep-dive for four specific segments (also available as separate short briefings):
- Prefabricated systems for deep energy retrofits of residential buildings
- Advanced insulation materials for building envelopes
- Buildings’ interaction with the energy system
- Building automation and control technologies
This report will be of support to anyone willing to:
- Identify the global megatrends and innovations impacting the construction sector value chain and its stakeholders.
- Assess opportunities for the European industry involved in the construction value chain, – from the design of buildings and the planning of retrofits to the delivery of building services-, to increase its added value, in future EU and global markets.
- Discuss the innovations and transition pathways, including policy changes.